Sunday, April 5, 2009

3 steps for getting over big scary possibly poisonous spiders

step 1: don't think about them while you are trying to fall asleep

step 2: wear gloves when you are cleaning out cluttery cobwebby basements so as not to feel exposed

step 3: when you encounter an enormous black spider like none you have ever seen before, give it a daggy name and pretend its your new friend

Today I met my new friends Matilda and Roger. At first I thought their thick legs were initmidating but as soon as I got to know them they were alright. Friends don't come crawling onto your bed at night. Nope, friends stay in their homes in the basement where they belong. I hope. Somehow the fact that I sleep with two giant cats comforts me a bit. I can't imagine anything getting past Clairy and Claudie.

Matilda and Roger:





The only reason I can sleep at night:



I saw the most incredible art exhibit today. This woman created sculptures of what she imagines people could evolve into someday. They were the most creepy awesome creatures ever and were super detailed. Their arms had hair and veins under the skin and even moles. And some had really strange orfaces all over their backs that were giving birth to furry creatures that looked like wombats. Some of the creatures were sort of rodentlike and looked like baboons. One was suckling a human baby. Another scene was of a little girl in her bed cuddling one of these creatures. I've never seen anything like it before. I wish I could have taken more pictures but it wasn't allowed. I was only able to sneak this one:



Kate and I passed the Steve Irwin ship today. It looked a bit banged up. It was attacked while trying to stop Japanese whalers from reaching their ridiculous quota.

Also I think Hobart has more rainbows then anywhere else in the world!



5 comments:

earth-rabbit said...

You're so cute. You make it seem easy.

Syd said...

HOLY CROW! THose spiders would definatly have me losing sleep! SHEEESH. Those cats look mean and protective though for sure!! Thanks for you're uplifting reply to my blog. I am trying to not let it get to me as much as possilble but things can overwhelm me sometimes. I love and miss you. You are the cutest ever. I'm going to go look at your post card and escape lifes tribulations for a moment. hehe.
xoxox

p.s. I agree. You are so darn cute !

Bekah said...

My friends come crawling into MY bed at night.... is that wrong?

<33 I love youu, that art exhibit looks so cool! The Steve Irwin ship looks pretty epic with a rainbow in the background...

OH I got your postcard <333 love ittt.... (Nick says 'Yoooo')!

Randall H. Sloot said...

That is a big step for you. I knew you were capable of it. Good for you babe!

Love and miss you,
Randall

greenmeesh said...

I love your blog, Suzye! It's fun to keep up with your adventures... thanks for the pc! -Michelle, your work study buddy from SNP