Saturday, March 21, 2009

booze blues.

Watery lager, no microbreweries, and 20 dollar sixpacks, oh my! I guess I must get used to VB. Anything else would be unAustralian! Hattie left us for Bali this morning after an incredible night in St. Kilda. She was couchsurfing with some cool guys and two German girls. We all went out to the espy to see one of them play in a band. The German girls were not allowed in because they were told they seemed too drunk. But they hadn't even been drinking and even though they explained this, the bouncer did not believe them. We played a bizarre game of pool with really small balls, and the game went on forever because none of us were any good. Also, guys seem to think that having a tattoo is an invitation for them to touch it. I don't understand this. I don't know if I will ever find the time to post pictures. Sitting in front of a computer is complicated business. I promise to post the first picture I get of a Kangaroo though.

3 comments:

Syd said...

haha. I don't understand the tattoo touching thing either. I used to have a tiny pool table, with tiny balls...i don't understand that either..it reminds me of a bad dream where things are really weird sizes. I've been drinking too much beer. now that I've been able to haha. oh what a world! I love you and miss you!! your plantys are LOVELY.

xoxox

Kale Iverson said...

COOOPERS drink COOPERS sparkling ales , listen to yoda young jedi.

also, you have to be stern with aussie guys, they don't know any better.

say "oy mate! bugger off!"

you'll be gold.


what are you favorite aussie phrases so far?

Randall H. Sloot said...

I knew I should have lent you my ken do stick to ward off those slimy Aussies! Tell them you have a boyfriend who's in "the agency" and Don't tell them which one. that'll freak them out.

love and miss you,
Randall