Thursday, March 12, 2009

seriously BURSTING with joy

Wow, I cannot even stop grinning! I feel totally high on life. I just aced my Spanish final! I did not forget a single word, it all just flowed right into my head. I could write in perfect spanish everything that I wanted to say. This morning I had to give a presentation on the food systems I observed while in Uganda (my teacher asked me to do this only two days ago!), and although public speaking is not my forte and I was incredibly nervous, it just went so much smoother than I could have ever imagined! I didn't sweat and stutter (that much, haha) and people asked me a ton of questions that I totally had answers for. And I got to tell my whole class how I watched my mom get chased by a monkey! Today has just boosted my confidence and I feel so accomplished. I worked so ridiculously hard these past two quarters, taking challenging classes and going for 20 credits each quarter, all the while working at the native plant nursery in all sorts of weather (rain, snow, or hail, I still adore that job). I am so ready now to go enjoy Australia with two beautiful girls that I miss and love so much! No more tests and no more classes until the end of September. Now I get to do a contract that I completely designed myself, read books that I selected and write research papers with topics that I am passionate about. Life is good, life is grand! Time to go make a quiche for potluck tomorrow and go snuggle with cutie Randalls and Pickles.

2 comments:

Randall H. Sloot said...

Your happiness makes me happy! Love you so much!

phangs
(my word today)

DreamWoven Sheets said...

Yay! I cant wait to have spanish only tea parties with you and travel central america south america mexico... take over the world! You inspire me suzye, If I were you, I would be high on life 24-7!
Sincerely,
president of the suzanne amanda spadoni fan club, inc.