Thursday, March 26, 2009

oh such a perfect day

Yesterday was absolute perfection. Lindsey and I had an incredible breakfast of fresh fruit, goat milk yogurt, corn cakes with avocado salsa, and extremely well-made coffee. We then rented rollerblades and spent the morning skating by the ocean. I got a bit burnt thanks to the holey ozone. Then we got falafal and freshly squeezed fruit juice and had lunch in this adorable community art garden. We took in some more sun by the sea, and browsed our favorite little shops. We met this wonderful lady who designed all the clothes in her shop and we hung out there playing with her chubby lil baby. Linds got some really unique shorts and I splurged and this swank sweatshirt and a head scarf. Then we had more incredible food (roast veggie risotto, rocket and roast pumpkin salad, and bruschetta piled high). We cannot get enough of these amazing restaurants. Seriously, my journal is just lists of all the good food we have discovered! Then it was ladies night at the hostel so there was unlimited free bubbly and guys wearing tight dresses in order to procure the free drinks. The music was dreadful! They played the exact same dance mix that the water aerobics at the YMCA uses (oh ho yeahaa, wanna be my lover..ect). But we suddenly became drunk enough that it didn't matter and tore up the dance floor when Nirvana and Rage against the Machine came on. By the end of the night we started a dance train and were singing along to Madonna with this hilarious Indian guy that had the best dance moves ever! Anyways, I'm so sad Lindsey is leaving me tonight. There is just so much more we want to do in St. Kilda. But I leave for Tassy tomorrow for the next portion of my journey and I am excited for that. Especially because the ferry I am taking is more like a cruise ship and has live entertainment, a movie theater, and a heap of other things to pass the 10 hours. Linds leaves at 1 in the morning so we are still going out tonight with this local named Trent who promises to prove that Australia does have some good microbreweries. I think I want to try to go to Burning Man this year. I just can't imagine watching Linds go off with out me.

4 comments:

Bekah said...

Gosh that sounds like such a beautiful time <3 I am glad you're having so much damn fun!!

I think I am going to try to go to burning man too. Sigh. It's just too perfect... it starts the monday after my last day of school EVER!

Randall H. Sloot said...

Sounds like I can look forward to a bunch of tasty recipes when you get back...yay!

earth-rabbit said...

I was right when I looked at the train ticket. I was a whole day late! I booked too many days at the hostel and I lost track of what day it actually was. So sucky!

DreamWoven Sheets said...

Beauty!
Have you filled out the low income application yet? Its so easy I swear it will take you 15 min! Go for it while you can! I got accepted, its totally worth it!
Lets start a camp!
I cant wait for more stories Suzye, I love you!
Ps, I think I might come back to Evergreen, too! To study Natural sciences! Ha!