Friday, February 27, 2009

i'm pretty much inlove with julia child

So yesterday my class had the most spectacular food preservation lab. We learned how to make apple chips, smoke salmon, make and can applesauce and pickle beets, make kimchee, and churn and make butter. Now there are all these new toys I want to buy. I wish I was freaking rich and didn't have to work so I could just cook and make delicious delights all day long! So basically there are amazing Amish catalogs with super incredible non-electric sturdy old-style machines that do wonderful things like peel, core and slice an apple all at the same time, or pit a cherry leaving it perfectly intact, or remove all the skins and seeds of tomatoes so sauce making is a cinch. New additions to my ever-growing must-have list includes a newer style butterchurn, a food mill, an apple peeler, a little chief electric smoker, a food dehydrator and a pressure cooker.



P.S. Julia Child is so incredibly entertaining! I adore this woman and her kooky voice and french techniques. No one can wield a cleaver like you, Julia!


2 comments:

Bekah said...

Yum I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow!! You know my mom used to have a fruit dryer and an old school apple peeler that takes the core and turns the apple into a spiral.... she doesn't use them anymore. Maybe I can find them and donate them to the Chef-Suzye fund!

earth-rabbit said...

You don't have to be filthy rich, just tell Randall you want to go traditional be a housewife. Little Suzye homemaker.

The video no working.