Tuesday, February 17, 2009

no place to run, no place to hide!

I finally hold in my hands a Valentine issue of the Stranger. What page is it on Syd? I don't have my phone so I can't read the text you wrote me.

At lunch I went to a garden planning workshop that focused on seed-saving and it got me so pumped up for spring! It kinda sucks that my Australia trip will conflict with me planting all my babies before the last frost date, but I will try and make up for it when I get back. I am going to plant a huge patch of wild native and coastal strawberries! I wish I had someone to plant some seeds indoors for me and nurture them until I get back. Anyone interested in babysitting little plants? I'll make it worth your while! On a sad note, I just found out that my wonderful neighbor who taught me how to garden has a fast moving cancer in her lymph nodes, and is undergoing surgeries. She is just the most beautiful, talented, energetic woman who is such an incredible organic gardener, teacher, and mother. She was going to write a book about the robin chick that I raised which started hanging out in her garden the next year and would let her feed it worms.

I baked two chocolate cheesecakes with a rasberry sauce on Sunday. One to trade with my dad for him fixing the hole I kicked in the wall and the other for Adam for giving Randall and I the most incredible free massages. I think I will make another for potluck on Friday.

Alright, Spanish homework time.

3 comments:

Syd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Randall H. Sloot said...

Sounds like it's finally time to learn kung-fu, or even truck-fu!

earth-rabbit said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.